My favorite songs

Introduction

I will be talking about these 2 bands. Aggressive raisin cats aka ARC and The new modern lights. They are both Singapore bands and are extremely talented. I used to think that bands from Singapore can't produce good music because we are a small country and our knowledge of music is not that in-depth.
However, after going to ignite festival, I learned that we actually have really good bands but they are too underrated because it is difficult to become big and known in Singapore. 
 
I will also be adding more songs to my list when I find them and update them on my blog. This is purely for fun!

Song 1

EDGELORD - AGGRESIVE RAISIN CATS 


- They are super good and need more recognition :)
- Ignite audition and they won
- Very nice guitar solo 
- Amazing vocal, guitar, and drumming skills
- Metal band (Not a very popular genre in Singapore; rare) 




Song 2

BONES - THE NEW MODERN LIGHTS

- Went for Ignite audition and also managed to win and get to perform at Ignite festival 
- Indie rock band (quite a popular genre worldwide) 
- Talented band with amazing vibes 
- Really like the rhythm and the sounding of the guitar solos (especially bones) 





Song 3

HOPE YOU NEVER FORGET - SADNESS

- Personally, I am very open to different genres of music 
- 11 minutes long with minimal lyrics 
- Even though the artist is called sadness, I feel happy and peaceful listening to it 
- Very unique ( lots of different instruments in the background)
- Gave me a sense of euphoria and peace
- Might give headaches to some people because of how "noisy" it is





















Song 4

BAD ASTROLOGY - FLOWER FACE

- Associate this song with one of my favorite webtoon (comic) 
- One part gave me goosebumps (really love the guitar sound in this)
- Alternative/indie is one of my favorite song genres  




















Song 5

ALWAYS SOMEWHERE - SCORPIONS

- Make me feel close to my dad because this is his favorite song from scorpions
- Old German rock band (quite popular) 
- Never get bored of classic rock songs 
- Few of their famous songs were rock believer and wind of change 





















Song 6

SOOTHSAYER - BUCKETHEAD

- Buckethead was one of the members that played for Guns n' roses (he was the guitarist) 
- All of his songs do not contain lyrics
- Mostly lots of guitar solos/shredding 
- Soothsayer is very meaningful, it was dedicated to his Aunt that had passed
- Was emotionally attached to this song in Secondary 4 because I found it really beautiful 
- Made me pick up the electric guitar 


































Song 7

CIRICE - GHOST

- Second song I heard from Ghost. The first was Hunter's moon (from Friday the 13th 2021)
- Amazing riffs for most of the songs they produce 
- Give the 60's to 80's vibes 
- One of my favorite band (inspired me to pick up electric guitar too)
- Really cool nameless ghouls (really love dewdrop and aether)



















Song 8

C17H27NO2 - INTIG

- I love this so much, it made me felt different emotions at the same time. Both sadness and happiness
- The name of the song is actually a chemical formula. Venlafaxine, an anti-depressant
- The creator of the song also created "Cry of fear", a popular horror video game
- This song is instrumental but mostly their genre is Metal



















Song 9

我爱你 - Cody Lee

- A Japanese pop/electropolis song (a bit jazzy) 
- All of the band members have very unique dressing
- Their song are very vibey!! They got the vintage vibe too
- Super funky and interesting vocals

















Song 10

JUDGEMENT - YOMI NO KUNI 

- Not well-known artist (formed in the Phillipines) 
- The name of their band is the Japanese word for land of the dead
- Another instrumental song, I love songs without any lyrics :) 
- Instrumental metal I think? The progression is strong with many different aspects covered unexpectedly. Very interesting




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite food

Guitar